Skip to main content

THE LOVELY AND TASTY FOOD IN BEIJING!

Oh Yes! The lovely and tasty food in Beijing! I´m a very lucky guy, as I live within walking distance to most of Beijing´s restaurants open twentyfour hours! I´m joking, but I have something like over 500 restaurants within walking distance, and very good ones too! It´s like I live in the middle of the pulse in the city! Actually Beijing have more than sixty thousands of restaurants. Every day more than 100 opens up for business. But I live in the very busy food street area. That´s why I´m lucky. You know there is a joke in Beijing, that says if you visited a very good restaurant yesterday and wants to invite your friends the next day to this restaurant, please call it on your phone to be sure that it is still there the next day. All this before you call your friends for a dinner appointment there! Or you´re in for a big surprise the next day! My goal this year was to eat and try as many different kinds of food as possible during my five and a half weeks in Beijing in China.

Now doing this I have really tasted the most that you can do! I don´t mean monkeys or dogs, but I have tasted oysters(never thought I could eat that! Impossible!), eel(only tried once in southern Germany = Bavaria in the 1970´s!), blue mussels from the chinese sea, lotus root(fried one and very good and a bit sweet taste), chinese crabs, crayfish from Sichuan, lobster, small and large shrimps, different kinds of foods from any chinese kitchens and korean ones, different chinese fish, many different dumplings(fillings like shrimp, meat, chicken, mushroom, also buying deep frozen dumplings), bread(chinese ones as well as garlic baguette and bagels!), cow´s kidney(in hot pot!), and you now by now that I´m a guy who likes to try many different kinds of food! I just love the hot pot. Earlier I thought it came fro, m Mongolia, but it may be true, and it´s coming from all the different kitchens in China also! Another version eating the same way is "Kao Rou", in fact this means you sit with a grill fire on your table. They change the galler every 10 minutes. We did eat this kind of food at a korean restaurant in our neighborhood. Simply you order meat(lamb, pork, cow), vegetables(sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, carrots, mushrooms) and get on with your barbecue at the table. You also get different sauces to dip your grilled food into, plus sallad vegetables to eat together with it.

After all this I have tried out the other solution! You wonder what is that? I know, because I´ve tried it out! Here in Europe we call it fast food! You know my wife´s son Yan Fan gave us the tip of the world! 7-11 has it all! You know what? They have the complete meal for you(korean, any chinese kitchen, just pick your choice!) for twelve to fifteen yuan(RMB)! Just pick your choise and you get it warm to carry home and eat right now! Now that is not all of my food experiences i China. I have more to share with you. I wanted to try out some new experience of fast food chains in China. One example is pizza delivery at your very own door. I tried two different pizzas in my home delivery experiment(one salami based, and one shrimp based). Good and fast delivery(they give you commercial ads in your mail box at home, and it actually works really good). The taste was the same as in Sweden, but different in the ingredients of the pizza(like I don´t think I have tried carrots and maize corns in the pizza before!). It´s really a very good ingredient to the pizza. Actually I wonder why we don´t use this in our swedish pizza restaurants? Another new experience was to visit the KFC(The Kentucky Fried Chicken). It was totally a very new experience for me. I bought two different kinds of "chicken hamburgers"(very much like the McDonalds, but still not!), with pommes frittes! I was wondering why we don´t have them here in Sweden? Because the food was really good and cheap! Once again why not in Sweden? KFC tried to establish themselves in our country in the early 1980´s, but without no success. I wonder why, and how can we make them try again here in Sweden? Because I very strongly believe that they have a future here! KFC, KFC, KFC, KFC, KFC..... We love you! To the right side in the last picture is KFC in this shopping center. Maybe this is all for this blog today.
Love Peter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haikou streets and street food, November 2012 - YouTube

Haikou streets and street food, November 2012 - YouTube

Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us. - Oscar Wilde - BrainyQuote

Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us. - Oscar Wilde - BrainyQuote :

Good Morning All You Out There! Sunday, January Day, January Weekend And Snowing!

Good Morning All You Out There! Sunday, January Day, January Weekend And Snowing! Instaweather report below! Wish you all bloggers and visitors a nice and relaxing Sunday, January Day and January Weekend with Sunshine!